LOOK GREAT FOR THE SEASON
By Health Expert
Thursday, May 27, 2010.
Exercise is essential for your health. It is usually the first thing you give up when you are over burdened and stressed, but it is exercise that helps you deal effectively with the physical and psychological demands of a hectic life.
A couple of ten minute sessions each summer day will lead to increased stamina as you sight see on your holiday, power shop, garden, or embark upon creative hobbies. It will also facilitate a long list of benefits to the mind, body and spirit. Here are some ways exercise can stimulate your summer energy level:
• Let go of the guilt and schedule your exercise time - Think of it as pampering yourself, but the effects last even longer than a massage or facial. Don’t ignore your needs. Exercise is one of the best ways to not only enhance your energy, but preserve your sanity. If you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t have energy or patience for anyone else.
• Add activity to your lifestyle - To renew your vigour throughout the day, get moving! Walk, bike, walk stairs, dance…whatever. You’ll still be high on natural endorphins to enjoy the long summer days while everyone else is dragging.
• Find creative ways to integrate family time with exercise - Your entire family will be healthier and more energised as a result of physical activity. Don’t be a bystander at the playground this summer. Get up and join in the activities by pushing a jogging stroller, hitting the hiking trails, running the bases, biking the neighbourhood, climbing the jungle gym or swimming in the lake. As an added perk, your kids will think you’re cool!
• Exercise first thing in the morning to jump start your day - Your chances of sticking to your program increase significantly if you exercise in the morning compared to later in the day when excuses and fatigue take over. Your metabolism will be elevated for over 7 hours after a one hour morning workout, so you will have more stamina then before to take you through the day.
• Make wholesome and nutritious food choices - You are more likely to eat healthier meals if you exercise. The last thing you will want to do is eat a heavy meal after getting the blood pumping through your veins. Ultimately eating more nutritious food along with regular exercise will lead to weight loss, which will decrease the demands on your body and will increase your energy and self esteem drastically.